WIT Search

Friday 25 May 2012

WIT'S Baby Friday: KOKA MAMA



In today's WIT Baby Friday I'm really excited to introduce you to a great maternity brand that you may have not heard about before called Koka Mama. My mission in pregnancy is to try and still look like myself (with a few waist-adjustments here and there) and what I instantly loved about Koka Mama was a collection made up of simple, capsule-wardrobe-like pieces that could be straight from your own wardrobe.  Koka Mama reminds me a little bit about Margaret Howell for the pregnant ladies, with a COS approach to simple cuts and flattering shapes. It has really accessible price points considering the luxury fabrics and technology behind the making and it's perfect for girls like me that love to dress up their clothes with jewellery, bags and accessories.


"Koka Mama launches Spring Summer 12 with a chic collection of maternity-wear for the discerning mother to be.
Founder of Koka Mama, Tamara Hema has created a collection to be worn during pregnancy and into motherhood. With cleverly cut designs, luxurious fabrics and special detailing, Koka Mama will be simple and stylish throughout the journey.
New Zealander Tamara thought up Koka Mama while working in maternity-wear in London’s Primrose Hill.
“My customers are looking for a contemporary quality maternity-wear that already works alongside their non maternity wardrobe. They want a tailored stylish look whilst pregnant and breast-feeding…it’s simple – they want trousers that don’t fall down and fabrics beyond jersey!"
At Koka Mama, we offer impeccable online customer service, next day delivery within the UK and your purchases consciously packaged and securely shipped worldwide."

Because I genuinely love everything I feature in WIT and only suggest what I would buy myself,  I decided to test run to some of my favourite pieces looking at fit, comfort and versatility. Here are some of my favourite looks from the current collection and below my tried and tested TOP 3 must-buys with an in depth explanation as to why I love them,  and why I think they make up for a great little maternity capsule wardrobe. 






Tried and tested 

The versatile top 
In my experience so far tops get tricky when you are pregnant: your boobs get bigger, for months it looks like you've eaten one too many brownies and your regular favourite t-shirt (sigh) just won't make the cut any longer. This is why I've included this Koka Mama top in my top 3 must-buys, every pregnant lady needs a flattering, versatile top in her wardrobe. Things I love about it: the chic long sleeves,  weighty jersey fabric that feels like it will last,  the fact that you can grow into it but most importantly the way the sleeves and top half are cut mean that it's got a almost magical non-clingy slimming effect, try to believe. I wish it also came in navy and maybe a grey marl fabric. 



A black top really goes with everything, I decided to style mine for a smart work day to update this look for the day how about wearing with your jeans and a cute flat ballerina? 



The Chino
Another classic wardrobe must-have, I love a rolled up chino weather pregnant or not, it's always chic looks great with neutral and bright tops and can be dressed up or down with the simple help of a flat or heel.  It's a shame I had already bought my Top Shop ones because I love the Koka Mama version which has a much slimmer (and more flattering) leg. Things I love about it: the cut is simply very flattering on, the elasticated waist band is supportive and comfortable, the just-right shade of beige. Would have liked a front pocket as well as a back one and a navy version would be fab too.


If I were going to an evening work event or even Friday night pizza with friends, I would totally still wear chinos - just pair with killer heels and statement necklace.


The multi-tasking dress
This was probably my favourite piece in the collection, made me feel so pregnant-fabulous! It's definitely a one-shape-fit-all-sizes kind of dress, I can't imagine this looking wrong on anyone at any stage of pregnancy. It's such a chic timeless piece I know I'm going to get so much wear out of it. Things I love about it: the comfort factor of a shirt dress, the beautiful silk fabric, the fact that it's navy and not black, the perfect knee-grazing length that looks perfect in heels or flats.


Flat sandals and an across the body bag are perfect for a day on the go.


Lastly, another item I loved is this cashmere poncho, not quite right for a summer pregnancy yet loved the shape and fit.


6 comments:

A Girl, A Style said...

Laura, I'm not pregnant, but I LOVE this post! You are working maternity style in the most terribly chic way, and you're going to be the most ferociously cool mama there is!

Briony xx

The Apple Market said...

La gravidanza ti ha reso ancora più bella! :)
Annalisa

Anonymous said...

lovely lovely!! finalmente cose carine che non venga lo scoramento solo a guardarle...figuriamoci a indossarle!!! perché è possibile essere alla moda e eleganti anche con la pancia! rimane 1 solo problema da risolvere...la lingerie da ospedale e allattamento...any suggestions?
brava Laura !a

Jo Entwistle said...

Fantastic stuff, I love it all. Makes me nostalgic for my two pregancies (sigh!) I like to think I got through them in relative style but I'd be making a dash for this stuff if I were pregnant today. (Nobody ever tells you how much FUN pregnancy dressing is!) I'm loving your Friday posts, despite my lack of a bump

Chiaramic said...

I wish I was pregnant just to wear these beauties too!!!
Ciao from Rome Laura!
Chiara
xxx

honey's mummy said...

Love it, I've been desperately searching for nice maternity wear (to no avail!)
http://honeysmummy.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...