WIT Search

Friday 11 October 2013

WIT mama friday: the simple buys

New Look jacket, Isabel Marant jumper, HM jeans, Converse (Greta in Boutch'Ou cardi)
Sometimes I fall in love with something so plain and simple, yet often so expensive for what it is, that  I can't really justify buying it. I go back and forth asking myself: "Shall I buy it? Shall I not?", I tell myself all the usual things: "I will love it forever" "I will wear it with everything" "It's really great quality" "I won't buy anything else for the next month" .. and so on. With this particular item, I even went into Cos and bought the cheaper version but returned it the next day. It just wasn't the same! But you see, if at the end of the day all those things are kind of true (minus the "I won't be buying anything for the rest of the month") then I just cave. So on a rainy lunch break a few weeks ago I walked into Liberty's and bought this grey jumper from ISABEL MARANT ÉTOILE ' that I had been eying for a while. Since buying it I've been wearing it loads, especially at the week end when all I want to wear is jeans and a sweater, and this got me thinking: why do I save the best just for the office? This fabulously plain jumper has made me feel so special and chic everytime I slipped it on even without make up, with jeans and trainers on a day trip to the  local city farm, so far it was worth every penny.


ISABEL MARANT ÉTOILE 'Addyson' sweater £237.33

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, this is the best I tell my self everytime "I won't be buying anything for the rest of the month"... :)

Great Laura!!!

The Apple Market said...

I tell you a story regarding this amazing sweater! I work for a small boutique in the Battersea area where we stock some of the Isabel Marant Etoile pieces. We received this sweater in dark green at the end of june and for me was love at first sight!.. I waited and waited before take the decision to buy it and when I did, it was too late! Someone else took the last one! Then I saw it again on you in a different shade which I found absolutely gorgeous! What happened at the end? A couple of days ago I went to the new Bond Street Isabel Marant store and I bought it.. same color of your.. that I found even better than the green or the dark gray! Amazing.. I can't wait to wear it! You inspire me every day! Thanks Laura!
Annalisa

Anonymous said...

Nicely written

Alexandra said...

I often do the very same process and agree 100% that some items are worth every cent! If you love it and the quality is good then you'll wear it and the "cost per wear" will be nothing😉 xx

Anita Rivas said...

Very true, I buy a lot of Jigsaw cardigans and was saving them for the work week and I'm like, you know what why not wear them on the weekends too? I enjoy your posts so much! Keep them coming.....P.s I would really love to send you some great anti-aging skincare to try.
Anita

Beany said...

Love today's outfit! Is the jacket a recent purchase? Can't see it on the website, I guess it's sold out.

Helen.by.instyle said...

Adorable Pic. I love your' off duty look too. x

Unknown said...

You just know sometimes that purchase will be a real hardworking piece in your wardrobe......so worth every penny! xx P.s. Love you to check out my blog.

Anonymous said...

I have just ordered the jeans and I am wanting the same converses to complete the off-duty look but I cannot find them. Could you possibly link me to them?

Enjoy your weekend!
Ella

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...