WIT Search

Tuesday 16 September 2014

The making of Greta's birthday party


I could have so spared myself the extra work involved in organising a children's birthday party (especially since I'm working night and day at the launch of my new project), but those of you who know me know that I certainly like to make the most of every minute in my day and that I don't do things with half measures, so two months ago I embarked in project GZ turns two.


It all started with a Pinterest board of my vision of Greta's second birthday, last year the theme was the circus so lots of red and animals (you can see a post here) but this year I wanted to go to town with the girlieness, so I decided on "Glitter and Neon".

Marks and Spencer glitter shoes

The inspiration came from this birthday cake and from a beautiful linen and neon turquoise table cloth that a friend of mine gave me for my birthday. I wanted to use both and that was the start of it.


For the invitations I actually managed to a make my life simple and opted for Paperless Post. You can chooses from hundreds of different invitation and custom them to make them really your own (there is also an option to print them if you want to). I decided on this invite to tie into the neon theme.


Then came the details. On my shopping list were clear balloons, turquoise paper cups and plates, wooden cutlery and gold gold glitter tape. I got most things from Amazon that is often reasonably priced (I can't bring myself to spend lots of money on paper cups or disposable cutlery!) and would always favour Not on the Highstreet for something that I will keep for other birthday parties too.


I am relatively frugal when it come to these things and I also really like to make things. I always save glass jars to use them as vases or to put all sorts of things in them, so this time I tied some turquoise glitter string around the edges to put my wooden cutlery in them (I was going to tie them as per my Pinterest board but then I though that it's really impractical!)


Greta's cake topper is divine and I will be able to use it for many years to come. I got it from www.notonthehighstreet.com and they are £5 each.


Last year I was really fussy about food and I now realise everything was so boringly healthy.. poor Greta! So this year I'm throwing all my good principles away for a day and there will be pizza, popcorn, mini ice creams and cakes only!


I loved this idea and decided to reproduce it exactly. I discovered Peach and Blossom party supplies last year and got some miniature milk bottles and gold straws from them.


Come back on Friday to see how my cake turned out, what was in the party bags and how my vision came together!


2 comments:

RozyTozy said...

I love love love getting all crafty with celebrations, it makes everything so much more personal! What a great theme - glitter and neon! Looks like it will be a fun filled day!

Www.rosalyn-21@blogger.com

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

I love this so much! Greta is one lucky litre girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...