WIT Search

Friday 17 October 2014

WIT mama Friday: 5 things every Mum needs at the weekend


I recently realised that when I'm getting dresses at the weekend  (whether it's for a walk in the park, a brunch with friends or a trip to the Zoo), I reach out for the same things over and over again, and that whenever I throw them on or however quickly I'm getting dressed, they always make me feel chic and put together. My five key essentials are:

  1. A good pair of jeans;
  2. A good quality grey jumper ;
  3. A well cut, go-with-anything jacket;
  4. A pair of flat, black ankle boots;
  5. A hands-free cross body bag.

A good pair of jeans are essential - they need to be super flattering but also really comfy because at the weekend, that is what I long for the most. At the moment I am loving my Mother Denim jeans to which I've cut the hem with scissors to make them the perfect length to be worn with flats.

A versatile grey jumper is another must-have and my Isabel Marant jumper (bought last season with enormous price guilt... Isabel Marant sweater £435) has proven to be one of the best buys in my wardrobe. The key is to find something you love but that you are not going to be precious about, don't save it for special occasions: make the weekend a special occasion.

A good jacket is another must - choose something season appropriate, in Fall I love an oversize blazer and my tweed New Look one has been a firm favourite for years now (Isabel Marant does a similar style this season for £355).

When comfort is key I always reach out for flat shoes, and in Fall they have to be closed-toe/rain or shine shoes like my Karen Millen ankle boots (bought this season and still available online).

To finish off the look I love a small, cross body bag to keep my essentials and at the moment I am a little bit in love with my super chic, black monogrammed Bally square bag, which leaves me hands free to chase Greta anywhere she goes!


Sorry for plugging my own venture but I have to add that if you are looking for more amazing, versatile, forever buys you probably want to have a look at my new webiste:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...