WIT Search

Friday 27 February 2015

WIT mama Friday: countdown to Summer with Sporter

 
For those of you that have followed WIT for a while, you will know I'm not big on sport. With the brief exception of a pre-wedding gym obsession to get my arms toned for a strapless dress and my stomach flat for my honeymoon, my daily workout consists of running after Greta and a very active brain slash neurosis that burns more calories than you can imagine.  I may look alright fully clothed, but 15+ years of zero exercise and a pregnancy later nothing is left pointing upwards in my entire body. 


I'm jealous of all my friends that do yoga, pilates and all sorts of exotic sounding workouts, they talk to me about the physical and mental benefits of exercise but I never really do anything about it despite it being my New Year's resolution for the last ten years.  So, when Net a Porter approached me to try out some of their sports wear and try a class at hot new spinning club Psycle I thought to myself that fashion may be the only way to get me to do sport! 


What to wear for a spinning work out?? I was clueless and therefore very thankful to the super organised Sporter shopping section on Net-a-Porter that listed everything by sport rather than by item: this way if you are an amateur like me you actually know what to look for. I opted for what I know best: Adidas by Stella McCartney, all black - I wanted to make sure I would blend in rather than stand out.


I have to admit that that that I had never worn "techie" fabrics before (Adidas by Stella McCartney's leggings and top are crafted using the label's Climalite technology - to wick sweat away from the skin and keep you cool), they are made of a scuba-like fabric that makes you feel amazing.


The cut and seams are really flattering and the fabric's quite thick which "suck you in" and hold everything in place. Could I wear this outfit outdoors!??


The class is really fun and energetic, you get given special shoes that clip on to your bike and you spin in the semi-dark to the rhythm of loud dance music. Sadly I'm so unfit I couldn't even finish the class (I blame it on the fact that I had a cold...) but I did love my outfit, and as my friend says: "Summer bodies are built in the winter" so I might have to stick to this.



Adidas by Stella McCartney hooded top £90

Adidas by Stella McCartney tank £65

Adidas by Stella McCartney leggings £70

Shock Absorber £31

Nike trainers £85

Marc by Marc Jacobs headphones £55

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Laura you look fab! I attend Oncore London which is a similar spinning class - 45 mins of pure fitness and then you're done!

Love the top especially really chic!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your post and am also upping my exercise there is a big difference between looking good in clothes and a bikini, especially after children and in my case being over 40!
www.catwalkschoolgates.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...