WIT Search

Tuesday 31 March 2015

WIT andJ J.Crew in Paris part one: Jardin Tuleries


The first spot on Jenna's Paris map was the Jardin Tuleries - a perfect location during Paris Fashion week as many of the show happen in a marquee right by the Place de la Concorde garden entrance. It gets super busy in the day with lots of street style photographers surrounding fashion editors as they approach the shows, so Eva and I got up at the crack of dawn and cought a glimpse of the gardens when there was nobody around, it was so beautiful. On the way there we stopped by a historic cafe and fashion favourite hot spot, Angelina - they serve a memorable hot chocolate and divine macaroons that are almost too pretty to eat. We had to take a few snaps there too as it was so quintessentially Paris.
 

For my first outfit of this series, I chose to pair a simple white shirt (Pique bib shirt £88) with a statement skirt (Collection looped-sequin sweater-skirt £358) and a classic trench thrown over the shoulders (Collection bonded cotton trench coat £298).



Whenever I'm putting outfits together for Fashion Week I still like to feel like me - I don't like to dress up for the sake of it and unless I would wear that outfit in my "real" life, it does work for me. I felt completely comfortable in this ensemble and can see myself wearing each one of these four items with countless other things in my wardrobe, time and time again.


The white shirt is so versatile I ended up buying it - it's made of a really stiff, crisp cotton and has a bit of a tux feel to it with a bib front and long reversible cuffs. The skirt was just incredible - sadly it's currently sold out but I am in contact with J.Crew to see if we can get some back for WIT readers. It was just so gorgeous and sparkly it made me feel like a mermaid!
 

I love pointed pumps and recently my obsession with ankle ties is growing strong, so I had to pick this style with tassel detail (also surprisingly comfortable - Roxie ankle-tie pumps £285). The trench was a great final touch to the look - I often find that a trench gives your look a really smart and grown up edge to it, it sort of "grounds it": it's the kind of wear-with-everything, always-chic piece you'll still have in your closet 20 (or 30, or 50) years from now.

 
I wore my own Chloe Drew bag, minimal make up and just a bright red nail, and headed to the Chanel show moments later. Here are a few more shots from my (freezing) walk around the beautiful gardens. I hope you enjoyed it!






That's it from Paris this month, see you on the 28th of April for my second post from one of my favourite spots in Paris: St. Germain wearing a totally French outfit ;-)

Find the J.Crew Marais store at:
12 Rue Malher, Paris - +33 1 44 54 57 50
Shop the collection online on 


Photos Eva K. Salvi

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...